POSTPONED UNTIL JANUARY 2021!!!!
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne, the teacher training scheduled to begin on October 2020, has now been postponed until January next year.
Dates will be confirmed soon. Stay tuned!!!!
Training Dates 2021
To be confirmed!
2021 Weekend Dates (Saturday’s & Sunday’s) 9am-5pm
To be confirmed!
Prospectus: To receive a prospectus with more detailed information, please email me here.
Yogahari 350 hr Yoga Teacher Training lays the foundations for how to approach the practice of yoga- both as a teacher and as a lifelong student.
It has not been developed to promote a certain style, method or brand of yoga, because what I will be teaching is not a particular innovation of mine. It is a culmination of devoted personal practice and teaching, treading this path for twenty-five years.
The training is held over the course of one year, with a huge emphasis on developing an independent personal practice and psycho-spiritual development.
We delve into asana, pranayama and meditation and as a committed Tantrika, there is a huge emphasis on the traditional teachings of non-dual Tantra. Building your knowledge of the view/spiritual teachings of this ancient and life affirming tradition will give you a much deeper understanding of the asana, pranayama and meditation and energy body practices you will learn.
I’m committed to developing one-on-one relationships with students and that is why I have purposefully chosen to only take a maximum of 10 students, creating optimal opportunities for personal learning and mentoring.
Yogahari Yoga Teacher training is a 350 hrs registered teacher training course with Yoga Australia. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to apply for registration as a Level 1 Teacher with Yoga Australia.
I was once a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher, so my style of practice and teaching is somewhat informed by this method- both asana and pranayama, by not limited to it. My work is informed by teachers like Doug Kellar, Donna Farhi and trauma sensitive yoga.
The yoga traditions, view teachings and philosophy that I am deeply connected to is classical non-dual Tantra. You will be learning foundational view teachings and philosophy from this tradition as well as sublime meditation practices, that you will be able to embody and finally be able to teach.
Yogahari Yoga Teacher Training incorporates a methodology and modes of enquiry, providing certain steps and elements that can be included in your teaching, rather than following a strict set of definitive techniques and beliefs. This allows for your teaching to remain flexible and open to growth and experience. It promotes the equal importance of both the inner and outer practices of yoga. Below are the pillars of this approach.
Pillar One: Outer Practices of yoga- asana, pranayama and chanting.
Pillar Two: Inner Practices of yoga- chanting, visualisation, meditation, bhavana including view teachings., and committed self-reflection.
- The History of yoga
- What is yoga
- Yoga Philosophy- Tantra and Sankya and the importance of view teachings
- The Energy Body: yogic physiology and anatomy, nadis, chakras, prana vayus
- Human Anatomy & Asana
- Meditation- practices from the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Bhavana: contemplation
- How to run an 8-week Beginners Course and teaching yoga to beginners
- The Sacred Art of Teaching Yoga
- The Art of Adjusting
- Yoga for Women’s Health
- Trauma Aware Yoga
- Reflective Practice
- Six day Immersion
- Monthly weekends (Sat & Sun). This will include one session per month where we will all be doing our own personal practice- including me, and during which, we will be available to each other (student and teacher) to guide, assist and adjust each other
- Three individual mentoring sessions
- Personal Home practice
- Assisting in teacher trainers yoga classes
- Assessments: This will include a personal practice session, where your personal practice will be assessed, one teaching session- including asana and one pranayama practice, personal reflection practices and one written assessment on how to structure a beginners course